Saturday, July 31, 2010

More Prabhupada Letters to Women

Srila Prabhupada Letter to Jamuna -- Perth, Australia 11 May, 1975

Edinburgh, Scotland

My dear Lalita Priya devi,

Please accept my blessings. I am in due receipt of your letter dated April 10th, 1975 and have noted the contents. I am happy to know that you are feeling blissful in our Krishna Consciousness movement. We should follow in the footsteps of Lord Caitanya and the six Goswamis of Vrndavana. They were always serving Krishna in the mood of separation. They never said that "now I have seen Krishna or "last night I danced with Krishna—No. They were crying where is Krishna, and they were always searching after Him, wondering when they would finally be able to see Him.

We should also desire intensely to see and be with Krishna, but first thing is to become purified through devotional service. It is not possible otherwise. So, keep on helping me to spread this Krishna Consciousness movement, following the rules and regulations very carefully, and your life will be perfected and you will see Krishna.

I hope this meets you in good health.

Your ever well-wisher,
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami

ACBS/ps

--

(To a man, however its a letter about when he left his wife)

"I am so glad to hear that you have again come to your senses and are arranging for your good wife Cintamani to return to Tokyo. She is a very nice devotee; that is a fact. And it is your duty to take care of her and see to it that she becomes Krishna Conscious. So work cooperatively, husband and wife, and make our Tokyo center most successful. That is my request." Srila Prabhupada letter to Sudama, Brooklyn, July 31, 71

--

Srila Prabhupada Letter to Nandarani -- Vrindaban 17 April, 1975

Dallas

My dear Nandarani,

Please accept my blessings. I am in due receipt of your letter dated April 3, 1975 and have noted the contents. Your going away, I did not take very seriously. I am very glad that you have come back. You should remain with Dayananda. That is your duty. He is a very good boy. So, please remain always fixed in devotional service and live peacefully.

I hope this meets you in good health.

Your ever well-wisher,
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami


ACBS/ps

--

Srila Prabhupada Letter to Jamuna -- Perth, Australia 11 May, 1975

Hyderabad

My dear Jamuni devi,

Please accept my blessings. I am in due receipt of your letter dated March 28, 1975 and have noted the contents. Your husband recently came to Delhi and Vrndavana and he has sold so many properties of ISKCON through the Mukutwalla. His only business is to acquire money. He is collecting money like anything and is not contributing to the society. So what can I do? I did not say anything to him. I am simply praying to Krishna for his welfare.

It is good that you are now living separate from him. Wherever you live, you can follow the regulative principles and my instructions along with chanting. That will make you happy. Do not deviate from the path I have chalked out for every one of you.

Some years ago, in San Francisco, both you and your husband wanted to live in Vrndavana and I was training both of you to take up the charge of Vrndavana center very expertly. Unfortunately, both of you fell victim to sense enjoyment and now both of you are fallen from the service especially your husband. So what can I do?

But if both of you again come to your consciousness, Krishna consciousness, Krishna can lift you again from the fallen condition. That much I can assure you.

Tejyas was complaining that Madira has also gone with Gurudasa. Recently, I was in Delhi for participating in a meeting at Kuruksetra, and he informed me like that.

Anyway, the Vrndavana opening ceremony was performed very gorgeously for 7 days. The Governor of U.P. participated for 2 days. There was a big crowd all the days and it was a grand success. The total expenditure for the opening ceremony was about 60,000 rs. or more and I was feeling your absence. Your husband was present, but his business was different. Anyway, what can I do? I can simply pray to Krishna for revival of your old Krishna Consciousness.

I hope this meets you in good health.

Your ever well-wisher,
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami


ACBS/ps

--

Srila Prabhupada Letter to Krsnanandini -- Mayapur 8 April, 1975

Cleveland

My dear Krsnanandini devi dasi,

Please accept my blessings. I am in due receipt of your letter dated March 3rd, 1975 and have noted the contents carefully. Regarding Bhumata devi dasi's affliction, she should simply take the proper treatment. Make the best out of a bad bargain. This material body is a bad bargain because it is always miserable. So, to make the best out of this bad bargain means to render devotional service in any circumstance. The dust from the lotus feet of the spiritual master is never to be used for material benefit. That is a great misconception. The best thing is that the girl tries her best to chant 16 rounds daily and to follow all of the rules and regulations even if she is afflicted with something, and in this way, she willfully understand the mercy of Krishna and the spiritual master.

I will be in Hawaii in May and June and then American mainland for about 6 weeks. She can send her offering to Hawaii.

I hope this meets you in good health.

Your ever well-wisher,
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami

--

Srila Prabhupada Letter to Yogamaya -- Tehran 14 March, 1975

Los Angeles

My dear Yogamaya devi das,

Please accept my blessings. I am in due receipt of your short note (dated nil) and poem. The poem is very nice. You are understanding the philosophy nicely. Keep yourself strongly fixed in Krishna Consciousness by following all of the rules and regulations. Rise early, attend mangala arati, and class. Chant 16 rounds daily without fail and observe the four regulative principle. In this way, you can realize Krishna in every step of life.

I hope this meets you in good health.

Your ever well-wisher,
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami
ACBS/ps


--

Srila Prabhupada Letter to Jagaddhatri -- Tehran 14 March, 1975

Dallas

My dear Jagaddhatri devi dasi,

Please accept my blessings. I am in due receipt of your letter dated March 4, 1975 and have noted the contents. Thank you for your kind sentiments. From your letter I can understand that you are advancing very nicely in Krishna Consciousness. Yes, you are right—all qualifications come if you simply surrender to a bona fide Guru.

Please follow all of our rules very careful and your life will be perfect.

I hope this meets you in good health.

Your ever well-wisher,
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami


--

Srila Prabhupada Letter to Jennifer -- Mexico City 15 February, 1975

San Francisco

My dear Jennifer,

Please accept my greetings. I am in due reciept of your letter dated Jan. 6th, 1975 and have noted the contents. Thank you for your donation of 20 dollars. We are Vaisnavas. We are not concerned with male or female position in life. That is simply bodily concept of life. It is not spiritual. Whether one is male or female, it doesn't matter, simply chant Hare Krishna and follow the four regulative principles and your life will be perfect.

Regarding initiation, it is required that you be recommend by one of our temple presidents to me and then I shall consider it. First of all, one must have followed the regulative principle for at least six months without deviation. It is not necessarily required to live in the temple, but you must observe the rules.

I hope this meets you in good health.

Your ever well-wisher,
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami


ACBS/ps

--

(Plygamists who use offensive terms when woman did not have her husband anymore yet a child, thus they preach she should stay with husband or else, here the opposite is instructed, even when she asked to go back.)

"There is no question of your returning to XXX___. He has remarried, and I also informed him when I was in L.A. last time, that he should keep his one wife, living peacefully in L.A. You have got one child, so now make Krsna your husband and take shelter of our temple. The Detroit temple where you are now is very suitable I think, and you say you are much inspired by devotees like Govardhana and the others. So take spiritual instructions from your elder Godbrothers and sisters, forget
the past,
and make all progress in Krsna Consciousness without any material lamentation or hankering." -Srila Prabhupada, Rome 26 May, 1974


--

Srila Prabhupada Letter to Kausalya -- Los Angeles 12 January, 1974

Bhaktivedanta Manor

Dear Kausalya,

Please accept my blessings. I am in due receipt of your letter of January 5, 1974, and the wonderful photograph of Radha Gokulananda, which arrived here safely.

The sentiments you express are very praiseworthy in devotional service. Especially it is pleasing to me that you are so happy in your service to the deities. Krsna Consciousness means blissful life, and also that blissful life is eternal and full of knowledge. You say rightly that you are very very fortunate to be serving the Lord.

So please work with the other ladies and with your Godbrothers at Bhaktivedanta Manor and make it such a blissful, peaceful atmosphere that many persons will be attracted to come and live with us.

You will be glad to hear I am having the picture framed and put in a prominent place in my room.

Your ever well-wisher,
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami


ACBS/sdg


--

Srila Prabhupada Letter to Sama Priya -- Bombay 16 August, 1975

Boulder Creek, Ca.

My Dear Sama Priya devi dasi:

Please accept my blessings. I am in due receipt of your letter dated July 30, 1975 with enclosed checks for Dollars 50.00 and 5.00. Thank you very much for it. I appreciate your sentiments for your spiritual master, and I will pray to Krsna for your continued spiritual advancement. You simply have to keep yourself always in the fire of Krishna consciousness. Read my books daily, chant 16 rounds, and worship Lord Caitanya in your home. If you do this maya will never touch you.

I hope this meets you in good health.

Your ever well wisher,
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami


ACBS/bs

--

Srila Prabhupada Letter to Candradevi -- Toronto 7 August, 1975

New Orleans

My Dear Candradevi dasi:

Please accept my blessings. I am in due receipt of your letter undated and have
noted the contents. It is a very good idea that you have to be more attached to the Deities above marriage. But, it is not good to live at home because there is where meat is eaten. That will be offensive, so how can you worship the Deity under such circumstances. If your whole family become devotees, then that is another thing.

Actually I think that you can move from the Lord Jagannatha Deities to the Gaura
Nitai Deities if that is your desire. That will be best.

I hope this meets you in good health.

Your ever well wisher,
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami

ACBS/bs

--

Srila Prabhupada Letter to Mrdapriya -- Philadelphia 12 July, 1975

Laguna Beach

My Dear Mrdapriya devi:

Please accept my blessings. I have received your letter undated and noted the
contents. You should not feel that it is impossible for you to surrender to Krsna or that you are not a devotee. You are already a devotee, that is clear from your statements. Of course an advanced devotee feels sometimes hopelessness, just like Caitanya Mahaprabhu prayed: "O my Lord out of kindness You enable us to easilyapproach You by Your Holy Names, but I am so unfortunate that I have no attraction for them.

However in the neophyte stage it is best to develop firm faith, that just by chantingthe Hare Krishna Mahamantra everything else will come, and try to avoid the ten offenses. So please continue to chant 16 rounds daily and follow carefully the four rules and regulations, and Krsna will help you more and more.

I hope that this meets you in good health.

Your ever well wisher,
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami

ACBS/bs